Pages

Friday, February 25, 2011

Scrapbook Retreat Secret Sister Exchange

Here are the results of the secret sister swap from the scrapbook retreat:

What I received:

The person who had me for their secret sister was Lynn. She is such a sweetheart. I really loved each thing she gave me and I already have plans for the kiss-closure purse-style mini photo album I received from her - I think I am going to paste "Lily" on the front using letters cut out of felt and add some felt flowers. Then, I can carry it as my baby brag book. The other things she gave me were so pretty and they fit my love for all things pink.

I LOVED the paper basket she made. The handle actually swings since it is attached by brads. Apparently, while I was napping, a lot of other attendees were taking photos of it. And I can't blame them. It's adorable!

I also received a set of embellies in pink (yay, pink!) and a little jeweled pendant with crystals in pink and clear. So pretty! I can tell Lynn put a lot of thought into this and I really appreciated that!



What I gave:

So, my secret sister liked sage, blues and browns. In order to incorporate that, I gave her a kit ORMV-style:

I started with a My Mind's Eye kit done in blues and greens. The theme was "dad and me". I saw from her facebook profile that it appeared she had a child and husband, so I went with that.


The I added a bunch of stuff to it.

More card stock:


Stickers that matched exactly but weren't made by MME:


And some bling and ribbon:


And here it is all put together:


Then, I added some metal words in case she wanted to go with a different theme:


And some chocolate (her favorite kind, according to the questionnaire I received) :


So that was my first gift to her.

After that, I decided to give her everything else I had for her in one fell swoop. So here's the rest of it:

A stamp set and some trail mix with extra m&ms.


Another stamp set, wire & bead words and some brown stitched ribbon:


And, finally, some handcrafted items. I knew she wasn't participating in the charm swap and thought she might like a souvenir of the experience, so I made her a charm bracelet done in the colors and themes of the scrapbook retreat. It was all red, black, grey and white with birds and wing charms. Also, I included a starfish to represent the Under the Sea charm swap and a vintage frame with her initial on it to represent the Vintage/Victorian charm swap.


And then I made her a photo frame decorated in her favorite colors:

No comments:

Post a Comment