Pages

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Ship Trip

This album was made for my dad for Father's Day. Yes, that's right, Father's Day. Yes, I know Father's Day is not in November. I think being tardy in giving gifts is part of my cute "artistic nature." Well, that's the story I'm going to use anyway. And I'm sticking to it.

My dad went on an amazing trip with his wife this past summer to the East Coast. They started in Boston, boarded a tall ship, where they were members of the working crew for a week and a half (like a sailing fantasy camp), landed in Canada and then came back into the US to explore Maine and Massachusetts. Below I listed pics of the album I made in which to keep his photos of the trip. I also gave him this non-fiction book as part of the present:


Here's the album:


I actually recovered this album. It used to look like the baby album below, but I recovered it in a patterned paper featuring blue.

I found pictures of the ship, The Europa, online and matted them. I used them on the cover and throughout the book.


Here are the layouts:

Layout 1:



Layout 2:














Layout 3:

I included a close-up of the stamped golden ship image, which I embossed with gold embossing powder.















Layout 4:














Layout 5:

I included a close-up of the half penny which has a ship on it. The tags read "Sweet" and "Life" and are hung from brass jump rings.















Layout 6:














Layout 7:














Layout 8:














Layout 9:














Layout 10:














Last Page:



Also, I included some titles of places he mentioned they had gone. They didn't play as prominent a role as the places I made specific layouts for but I thought he may want to include a photo from those places, but then again, maybe not. Since I didn't know, I didn't want to secure them permanently to any pages but rather let him choose. Here they are:


Here's how I imagined them looking:

No comments:

Post a Comment