Pages

Friday, November 13, 2009

My Plan for a Scrap Lift

So we are going down to Fairfield, CA for Thanksgiving and at first I was a little bummed because in previous years it has been so exhausting to do the 1o hour drive twice in the span of a few days, just to do it again a few weeks later for Christmas. I was kinda looking forward to Thanksgiving at our favorite restaurant, Gustav's. But, I have decided to change my attitude, which I am constantly having to be hyper-vigilant about anyway. (I am not known for being an optimist, but am trying to change my ways.)

I am now looking forward to driving down for a multitude of reasons. First, and least important, is that my husband and I have discovered the joys of books on CD and have been listening to them during commute time, which has been really fun. So the drive should not be as boring as it has in the past. Next, and most important, I get to see and spend time with some of the people I care most about, my in-laws and a couple of my best friends, Rachel and Theresa. Also, I get to spend time with Rachel's daughter, Hanna, whom I adore. Here is a pic of her cuteness:





Finally, Rach and I have planned a continuation of our scrapping adventures which began last month when she visited me here in Portland. I have been given the task of doing an Easter and a playground layout. For the Easter layout, I have been toying with the idea of doing a modified scraplift of the following layout which is featured on the Technique Tuesday website and of course, uses their products. I bought the products a long time ago but haven't yet used them. I have had this layout in my mind for a looooong time and have been dying to give it a go. I don't have the exact letters but I have stamps that are close enough that I think they'll work. Also, I was thinking of modifying the layout to add Easter elements (Easter eggs tucked into the flowers, perhaps), perhaps change the colors slightly and to make it a two page layout. I recently saw somewhere somebody had managed to use a big circle on one page and make the other page fit it by adding smaller circles and parts of circles running off the page. It looked good and so I may try it. I'm not sure though, just something I am thinking about. I have some other ideas. Whatever I end up doing, I will be sure to post it.



What do you think, Rach? Yes or No?

1 comment:

  1. I love it! Gorgeous! Can't wait to see you work your magic.

    ReplyDelete