Pages

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Thank Yous

I just had a very nice phone call. It was a thank you from my friend, Patty - the one whose album I finished and just sent out. (See below) She got it and really liked it. I was very relieved. When I was wrapping it to mail, I just felt uncertain about it - like it wasn't the best it could be, that there was some things I had done wrong, that it sucked. It must have been my evil perfectionist side coming out because when I told my husband how I felt, he was stunned and told me I was crazy and that she would like it. Guess he was right and I was wrong.

Anyway, I digress. It was very nice to be thanked in person. I usually get a thank you through Facebook - which is fine, it's nice to be thanked no matter what form it comes in. But I have to say, it was really nice and surprising to hear from her in person. It was the nicest thank you I have received to date.

I've got to get on my husband about sending those thank you notes that I put by his computer a week ago, which he has not touched. (They're for his birthday gifts.) Thank yous are important.

Now, let's see - who do I need to thank that I haven't? It's best to check your own behavior before looking at other people's behavior.

No comments:

Post a Comment