Pages

Friday, June 18, 2010

Halloween...

Well, it's either early or late, depending upon how you look at it. Late because these pics are over 20 years old and because I feel like I should have finished this album months ago - or early because I made this layout with materials from a kit I put together for my scrapbook club and am months early on finishing my project for October's kit.

I am cheating a little by posting it, but here's what I figure: I like to be inspired by what I see and improve upon it. Plus, I never scraplift anything exactly. Plus, isn't the point of the club to get ideas from each other. Alright, alright, that's just a justification. I felt like posting to my blog and this is what I wanted to post most as it's my most recent project.

4 comments:

  1. I loved the October stuff. Don't feel guilty about posting. We're getting into a pattern, late, late, early, late, late. :-)

    The travesty of rub-on proportions should make up for any stretching of the rules in the ORMV club! I think I comitted some kind of scrap-felony!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did you do the edgy lines around your picture and the mat? I love that!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's pretty funny about the rub-ons. I've gone crazy with them, too, before.

    I just used a white Sukura Souffle pen. The jaggedy-messy edges were a complete accident, but I like the look. I think it works with the rest of the papers in the layout. I was using a ruler to get straight lines and the ink (which comes out in a generous amount) leaked under the edge of the ruler. When I pressed the ruler down, it spread the ink out in splotchy areas. In general, I like Sukara pens since they are one of the few ways I know to get absolutely white opaque ink on colored or black paper. It comes out clear and dries pure white.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the photo. I love the colors. I love the adorable title. I love the way you arranged the embellishments to the right of the photo so that they mimic the arrangement of the letters in the title. And the spider is so cute. I'm totally stealing that for my October.

    Genius.

    ReplyDelete